Earlham City Council Meeting
April 10, 2017
The Earlham City Council will meet in regular session on Monday, April 10, 2017, 7:00 p.m., at Earlham City Hall, 140 S. Chestnut Avenue, Earlham, IA.
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Hearings:
- Ordinance No. 388, Amending The Code Of Ordinances Of The City Of Earlham, Iowa, 2017, Chapter 92 Water Rates, By Amending 92.02 Rates For Service
- Public Forum – The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public on topics not on the agenda. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes.
- Consent Agenda:
- Minutes of March 13, 2017 Council meeting
- April 2017 Treasurer’s report
- April 2017 Claim & Receipts report
- Boards, Commission, Committee Reports
- Municipal Enterprises Committee
- Public Works - Gary Coffman, Public Works Supervisor
- Police - Police Chief Jason Heimdal
- Consider approval of First Reading of Ordinance No. 388, Amending The Code Of Ordinances Of The City Of Earlham, Iowa, 2017, Chapter 92 Water Rates, By Amending 92.02 Rates For Service
- Consider approval of Resolution No. 17-09, Approving The Transfer Of $59,507.05 From The Cemetery Special Revenue Fund Checking To The General Fund Checking In Order To Correct Those Fund Balances.
- Consider approval of request from Nick Coon for permission to paint fire hydrants in city limits for Eagle Scout Program.
- Consider approval of request from John Ridgely, 305 NW 8th Street, to build electric deer fence
- Consider approval of proposal from Earlham Fire Department to purchase new fire truck prior to FY2018 budget
- Consider approval of Resolution No. 17-10, Approving New Fire Truck Be Paid From the General Fund, Which Will Then Be Repaid By Bond Obtained in FY2018.
- Consider approval of request from Koester Construction for donation from City for two 1 inch meters and one 1½ inch meter for the Bricker Price Project (total $1,730.60)
- Consider approval of Mayor’s appointment of Amy Willem as Concession Stand Manager for the Earlham Recreation Park for FY2017
- Discussion on Bricker-Price Project match payment schedule.
- Set date for Public Hearing on Ordinance No. 390, Establishing Storm Water Utility for May 8, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
- Set date for Public Hearing for 2017 Budget Amendment for May 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Reschedule date for Public Hearing on Ordinance No. 389 Amending Chapter 165.49 Floodplain Management of the Earlham Code of Ordinances for May 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.