Earlham City Council Meeting
January 9, 2017
The Earlham City Council will meet in regular session on Monday, January 9, 2017, 7:00 p.m., at Earlham City Hall, 140 S. Chestnut Avenue, Earlham, IA.
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Forum – The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public on topics not on the agenda. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes.
- Consent Agenda:
- Minutes of December 12, 2016 Council meeting
- January 2017 Treasurer’s reports
- January 2017 Claim and Receipt report
- Consider approval of 2016 Annual Financial Report for City of Earlham
- Consider approval of Resolution No. 17-01, Designation of The Earlham Advocate and Winterset Madisonian as the Official Newspapers for the City of Earlham, Iowa, for 2017
- Consider approval of Resolution No 17-02, Approving the Mayor’s Appointment of The Law Firm of Nelson, Braland, & Young as City Attorney for the City of Earlham for 2017
- Consider approval of Resolution No. 17-03, Resolution to Appoint a Representative and Alternate Representative to the Madison County Emergency Management Commission
- Boards, Commission, Committee Reports
- Finance Committee Budget meeting with department heads, Thursday December 12, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Public Works - Gary Coffman, Public Works Supervisor
- Police - Police Chief Jason Heimdal
- Consider approval of Second Reading of Ordinance No. 385, Amending the Code of Ordinances of The City of Earlham, Iowa, 2007, Chapter 92 Water Rates, by Amending 92.02 Rates for Service
- Earlham Fire Department 2017 Annual Report and appointment of Chief for 2017.
- Consider approval of payment of 2nd half of Stipend to Fire Chief Boyle, and payment of $_____ stipend for firefighters to Association
- Consider approval of Hazardous Materials Response fee structure for 2017
- Earlham Rescue 2017 Response Summary and appointment of Captain for 2017.
- Consider approval of payment of stipend to Rescue Captain Hopp, the medical director, and $966 stipend for rescue members to Association.
- Consider approval of Resolution No. 17-04, Stating the Earlham City Council Waives It’s Right to Review A Proposed Division Of Property, 1440 120th Street, Earlham, Iowa, Which is Within Two (2) Miles Of The Corporate Limits Of The City of Earlham.
- Set date for public hearing on 2017 Budget for City of Earlham, for Monday February 13, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Earlham City Hall.
- Talk about remodel of council chambers?